In its first meeting held in 2013, the Board of Directors of Qatar Central Bank issued a Resolution to form the Financial Stability & Risk Control Committee pursuant to the provisions of Article 115 of Qatar Central Bank Law organizing the financial institutions issued by Law No. 13 of 2012.
- HE the Governor - President
- HE the Deputy Governor - Vice-President
- The Chief Executive Officer of Qatar Financial Markets Authority, Member
- The Chief Executive Officer of Qatar Financial Center Regulatory Authority, Member
- HE the Director of Financial Stability & Statistics Department at Qatar Central Bank, Member
- The Director of Risk Management Department at Qatar Central Bank, Member
- The Director of Supervision & Licensing Department at QFCRA, Member
Tasks and Functions:
The Committee shall carry out the tasks and functions provided in Article 116 of the Qatar Central Bank Law organizing the financial institutions issued by Law No. 13 of 2012, as follows:
- To study the potential risks resulting from all services, works, activities, and financial markets and issue relevant solutions and proposals.
- To coordinate between regulatory, supervisory and oversight authorities in the State, and endeavor to strengthen the cooperation and the exchange of information among them so as to help to find a homogeneous and cooperative regulatory and supervisory environment.
- To propose policies relating to organization, control and supervision, including licensing and anti-money laundering and other policies pertaining to services, works, activities and financial markets.
The Committee shall hold meetings on a monthly basis, or whenever it is necessary, at the President’s request.